Fun With Baking: Grandma Marks’ Banana Bread
2 cups mashed bananas
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar, packed
½ cup margarine
4 eggs, slightly beaten
4 cups Jiffy Mix
2/3 cup chopped nuts
¾ cup golden raisins
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the margarine, sugar and brown sugar.
- Add the eggs.
- Add the bananas.
- Combine the Jiffy Mix, nuts and raisins.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until well mixed.
- Pour the batter into 3 greased and floured loaf pans.
- Bake at 350 for about 1 hour or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Kathryn View All →
My name is Kathryn. I live in suburban Cleveland. I have 2 cats, who are my kids. I work in early childhood education, specializing in infants at a local childcare center. I’ve also worked with preschoolers and school aged kids there. I used to be an ESL teacher in South Korea.
I love to bake. My coworkers get to be my taste testers. I enjoy coloring, and I even participate in a coloring Meet Up group. I’m a fan of all kinds of music, but country is my favorite. I started taking a tap class at a local dance studio. Ginger Rogers, I’m not. But I’m holding my own after *mumble years* away from it.
My kitties, Gidgette and Ivory, are my favorite models for my photography. I play around with photo editors to create what I call “Works of Art”. I’m not very good at it, but I do it anyway.
Please visit me at Mighty Kool Kat. You can find my links to social media there.
Got Something Kool To Say?